Rss Feed
  1. The Light Between OceansThe Light Between Oceans by M.L. Stedman
    My rating: 4 of 5 stars

    Title: The Light Between Oceans
    Author: M. L. Stedman
    Pages: 319 pages
    Published: March 2012

    After two miscarriages and one stillbirth, the grieving Isabel hears a baby’s cries on the wind. A boat has washed up onshore carrying a dead man and a living baby. Tom, who keeps meticulous records and whose moral principles have withstood a horrific war, wants to report the man and infant immediately. But Isabel insists the baby is a “gift from God,” and against Tom’s judgment, they claim her as their own and name her Lucy. When she is two, Tom and Isabel return to the mainland and are reminded that there are other people in the world. Their choice has devastated one of them.

    Review

    I've been wanting to read this book since it won 2012 Goodreads Choice Award. The story sounded interesting and I'm glad that it lived up my expectation.

    I like how everybody in the story are both protagonist and antagonist. We can see why everybody did the things they did, how it affects the others, what is the motive, and I believe it.

    The plot is also very interesting, though thanks to the POV, somehow it slowed down so we can see a certain character's past and it kinda disrupted my reading pace.

    This book is for the following reading challenges:
    - 2013 New Authors Reading Challenge
    - 2013 Book in English Reading Challenge
    2013 Monthly Key Word Challenge


    View all my reviews

  2. 2 comments :

    1. I have had this on my TBR for awhile and really can't wait to read it! Thanks for sharing your thoughts, visiting from the monthly keyword challenge link up.

    2. Biondy said...

      Hi Tanya. Thanks for stopping by. It was a good read and you might give it a try :D

    Post a Comment