Rss Feed
  1. Gender AdvertisementsGender Advertisements by Erving Goffman
    My rating: 3 of 5 stars

    Title: Gender Advertisements
    Author: Erving Goffman
    Publisher: HarperCollins
    Num. of Pages: 94 pages
    Published: February 1988

    As the title suggests, this book is about gender advertisement. Meaning that it covers the use of genders' potrayal in advertisements.

    I "accidentally" read this book as I was helping my friend with his paper. I found it quite interesting. I never know that when women lay on the bed/couch/sofa in a photograph, it suggests a "sexual readiness".

    There are many picture example that helped me to understand the points the author made. An interesting reading.

    This book is for the following reading challenge:
    - 2013 Nerdy Non-Fiction Reading Challenge



    View all my reviews


  2. 0 comments :

    Post a Comment