Rss Feed
  1. Astronomy for EntertainmentAstronomy for Entertainment by Yakov Perelman
    My rating: 3 of 5 stars

    Title: Astronomy for Entertainment
    Author: Y. Perelman
    Publisher: Foreign Language Publishing House
    Pages: 194 pages
    Published: 1958

    The book is interesting. There are numerous things that I learned or made me go "Oohh..." while reading. For example: the fact that the straight line is not the shortest way to get from Japan to Panama Canal. Instead, the curvy line between the 2 points is the shortest. I wonder if  Madeleine L'Engle had read this book when she said that "A straight line is not the shortest distance between two points" when she wrote it in A Wrinkle in Time.

    However, this book is not that "easy" to read due to some math and physic explanations. Yes, they include numbers and formulas, which I usually skip, since I don't really understand *grin.

    Neverthless, the book is interesting and fun to read.

    This book is for the following reading challenge:
    - 2013 Nerdy Non-Fiction Reading Challenge


    View all my reviews


  2. 0 comments :

    Post a Comment