Rss Feed
  1. The Astronomy HandbookThe Astronomy Handbook by Clare Gibson
    My rating: 4 of 5 stars

    Title: The Astronomy Handbook
    Author: Clare Gibson
    Publisher: Silverdale Books
    Pages: 256 pages
    Published: 2005

    As the book's title suggests, this is an astronomy handbook. This book covers the basic grounds, like the history of astronomy, the planets in our solar system, the stars, and other objects such as: meteor, comet, black hole, etc.

    I think this book is perfect for people who are interested in astronomy or just like to read about astronomy. The language used in this book is easy to understand and there are a lot of full-color astronomy picture which are, I think, very eye candies.

    Of course since this book was printed back in 2005, many facts may differ from what it is now. For example, this book listed 13 of Neptune known moons, but recently a new moon of Neptune was discovered.

    I bought this book when I was still in high school. Maybe in 2006 or 2007, but never able to finish it. Back then, I found the language as too difficult. There were many words I didn't understand. Yeah, English is not my mother tongue. But now, I could read it easily and I'm quite happy with the fact that my English has improved through the years.

    This book is for the following reading challenges:
    - 2013 Monthly Key Words Reading Challenge
    - 2013 Nerdy Non-Fiction Reading Challenge


    View all my reviews


  2. 0 comments :

    Post a Comment