Rss Feed

  1. This is my wrap up for the 2013 What An Animal Reading Challenge. You can read about this challenge and its rules in my master post.

    I've read 6 books with animal so far and made reviews. Unfortunately, most of the reviews are in Indonesian. I'm too lazy to translate them. So I'll put some commentaries of the books in this post.


    1. Camar Biru - Nilam Suri (read my Indonesian review here) - February 1st, 2013. The word 'Camar' is Indonesian for Gull/Seagull. "Camar Biru" follows the story of Nina and Adith, two life-long friends who once promised to marry each other after several years passed and only if both party still has the seagull origami. As the story progress, Adith found that Nina hid a dark secret that bring chaos to his and her lifes. I gave 3 stars out of 5.
    2. The Horse and His Boy - C.S. Lewis (read my English review here) - February 8th, 2013. 4/5.
    3. Water for Elephants - Sara Gruen (read my Indonesian review here) - March 10th, 2013. It was the story of Ivy league drop outer who accidentally entered the world of circus. I gave 4 out of 5 stars. Three stars for the story and one more for the author's effort to write the book.
    4. Thousand Cranes -Yasunari Kawabata (read my English review here) - March 25th, 2013. 3/5.
    5. Winnie the Pooh - A.A. Milne (read my Indonesian review here) - June 28th, 2013. A classic children story. It follows the stories of Pooh Bear and his friends at the Hundred Acre Wood I gave 5 out of 5 stars.
    6. The Yearling - Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings (read my Indonesian review here) - August 22nd, 2013. Another classic story. It follows the life of Baxter family in Florida at the end of the 19th century. It tells the story of friendship between Jody Baxter, the only son in Baxter house hold, and a yearling he calls Flag. A beautiful coming-of-age story. I gave it 5 stars.
    That's it people. It was fun to do the challenge. I'm glad I could finish this one. Thank you for Socrates' Book, the host of this reading challenge, for this amazing RC. 


  2. 0 comments :

    Post a Comment